Which are the major healthcare trends for 2022? The COVID-19 pandemic heightened some chronic challenges within the global healthcare industry, but it has also been a catalyst for accelerating the adoption of new healthcare innovations and future healthcare delivery systems.
Further changes are expected in the implementation of healthcare technology following the COVID pandemic, with a focus on high-quality health content in the media, digital healthcare solutions, and the improvement of working conditions and support for professionals in the healthcare sector, amongst others.
M3 Pulse Results: insider opinions from M3 panel members around the world
To better understand which trends in healthcare will be the most relevant moving towards a post-pandemic future, we asked our panel of expert physicians and healthcare professionals to share their opinions of 2022 top healthcare trends, based on their medical knowledge and experiences.
"Which of the following trends do you think will have the biggest impact on healthcare in 2022?"
• Almost 50% of M3 global members answered that digital healthcare trends such as “Permanent telemedicine and virtual care models” will have the biggest impact on future healthcare delivery systems. Could this be a way to minimise the impact that healthcare delivery has on climate change by reducing transportation to and from the doctor’s office?
• 33% consider that “Improvements of work conditions and new staffing models” will be essential. As a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic, healthcare professionals are struggling more than ever to find a healthy work-life balance to prevent burnout. Read more about the importance of Work-Life Balance for healthcare professionals.
• Nearly 33% of respondents anticipate that “Increased access to high-quality, evidence-based health content” will be of higher relevance in a post-pandemic future. This issue has been in the spotlight lately due to the spread of misinformation around COVID-19. More about post-pandemic trends and Impacts of Coronavirus.
See the full results of the survey “Healthcare trends 2022” below and compare the results regarding healthcare innovations for a post-pandemic future across different nations, by selecting your country in the box below.
The M3 Pulse contains insider opinions from M3 Global Research Panel members who are professionals of the healthcare industry from around the world.
Every month they share their knowledge, opinions, and expertise around trending healthcare topics through an online survey.
Other healthcare trends to expect in 2022 according to our panel members:
- Use of virtual simulations and technology for medical training.
- Expanding mental health and emotional well-being solutions for healthcare workers.
- Developments in data capture and use of health data to improve health equity.
- Implementation of robotics and artificial intelligence to automate hospital workflows.
- Automation of the patient journey via digital assistants and apps (appointment set ups, early-stage symptom checking, and post-discharge follow-ups).
- Integration of genomics to improve diagnoses and deliver personalised treatments.
Not a member of our panel yet?
We don’t have any current studies about healthcare trends, healthcare innovations or future healthcare delivery systems for a post-pandemic future, but please check our available studies section and discover all the paid opportunities available for your specialty.
By joining M3 Global Research, you will be able to have your voice heard. Taking part in market research is easy and you will receive an incentive for your precious time. We are looking for opinions from professionals from the healthcare industry as well as caregivers and the general public to improve future patient outcomes.